Temporary Membership Sales Associates
Reports to: Assistant Director of Membership
Term: Mid-March–Early September 2015
The Membership department of Brooklyn Botanic Garden (BBG) is seeking temporary sales associates to promote and administer on-site membership sales throughout the spring and summer seasons, under the guidance of the Membership sales supervisor and the assistant director of Membership.
Work Schedule: Regular hours (11 a.m.–5 p.m.) on weekends from mid- to late March through late June; Wednesday evenings from May 27 to September 2; and weekends from July through early September as scheduled. Required days include, but may not be limited to, April 11, 16, 18, 19, 25, 26; May: 5 and 10 (Mother’s Day); June: 3 or 10 (evening).
- Promote and administer on-site membership sales.
- Provide on-site customer service for existing BBG members.
- Set up and break down on-site sales locations within the Garden.
- Coordinate sales-related activities with other key BBG staff as needed.
- Assist with departmental events and activities as assigned and perform other related duties or special projects as directed.
- Ability to engage individuals from varied cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to describe the benefits of BBG membership to visitors
- Enthusiastic energy and outgoing demeanor
- Experience in sales, promotions, marketing, or fundraising
- Knowledge about BBG preferred
- Ability to be flexible (as dates can be canceled due to the weather)