Seasonal Security Guards (full- and part-time positions)
Reports to: Manager of Security, Senior Attendant Guards
Under supervision, the security guard attends, cleans, guards, and patrols an assigned area in the Garden and performs related work.
Compensation: $9 per hour
- Attend, perform various cleaning activities in, guard, and patrol an assigned area in the Garden.
- Protect displays and display areas from loss or damage due to theft or vandalism and protect the Garden’s buildings, equipment, facilities, and grounds in the area of assignment.
- Meet the public, school classes, and teachers attending Garden instruction programs and advise on location of displays, display areas, buildings, and exhibits.
- Maintain order in assigned area and assist in the detection, ejection, and/or apprehension of miscreants, undesirables, and disorderly persons.
- Operate a security vehicle as required.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as directed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year satisfactory, paid experience in custodial, protection, attendance, or related work, including responsibility for meeting, advising, and directing the public
- NYS Certified
- Valid Drivers License Preferred