Seasonal Security Guards (full- and part-time positions)
Reports to: Manager of Security, Senior Attendant Guards
Under supervision, the security guard attends, cleans, guards, and patrols an assigned area in the Garden and performs related work.
Compensation: $10 per hour
- Attend, perform various cleaning activities in, guard, and patrol an assigned area in the Garden.
- Protect displays and display areas, specifically sculpture installations, from loss or damage due to theft or vandalism and protect the Garden's buildings, equipment, facilities, and grounds in the area of assignment.
- Meet the public, school classes, and teachers attending Garden instruction programs and advise on location of displays, display areas, buildings, and exhibits.
- Maintain order in assigned area and assist in the detection, ejection, and/or apprehension of miscreants, undesirables, and disorderly persons, specifically related to sculpture pieces throughout the Garden.
- Operate a security vehicle as required.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as directed.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- One year satisfactory, paid experience in custodial, protection, attendance, or related work, including responsibility for meeting, advising, and directing the public
- Valid NYS security license
- Security experience in art museum settings preferred
- Valid driver's license preferred