Part-Time Web Developer
Department: Digital and Print Media
Reports to: Website Manager
Brooklyn Botanic Garden seeks a part-time web developer to work 20 hours per week. As part of a small creative team, the web developer will assist the website manager in the development, enhancement, and maintenance of bbg.org and other online and digital projects.
- Design, program, and produce new and updated web templates.
- Resolve technical issues through research, testing, and debugging.
- Manage API integration.
- Manage integrated third-party software and payment gateways.
- Manage upgrades of ExpressionEngine CMS and plugins.
- Develop new features and functionality.
- Develop responsive website in ExpressionEngine.
- Research, recommend, and implement new technologies (web and software).
- Document existing or new features in BBG’s website knowledge base.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of two years of web development experience
- Experience with developing for responsive sites
- Experience with PHP, MySQL, and Content Management Systems
- Excellent eye for clean layout and proficiency with design software (Adobe CS)
- Creative thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with ExpressionEngine
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks and/or SASS/LES integration
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Experience with Digital Asset Management and CMS integration
- Interest in and familiarity with web analytics, SEO, and user experience
- Prior experience in a nonprofit environment
To apply, please send a résumé, cover letter indicating the title of the position desired and days of availability, and links to projects you’ve developed/supported with details about your technical role in the projects.