All Brooklyn community gardens are invited to join the GreenBridge Community Garden Alliance (GCGA). The alliance's focus is on promoting sustainable gardening practices to support healthy communities of people, plants, and wildlife.
GCGA facilitates skill sharing between gardens through gardener-led workshops and seasonal gatherings. The alliance is an avenue for communication and learning, where personal connections are forged and technical horticultural assistance may be obtained. GCGA benefits from the knowledge and beauty of Brooklyn Botanic Garden while bringing the creative energy of community grassroots greening projects back to the institution. Most important, the alliance celebrates the wisdom, expertise, and experience of community gardeners.
To join GCGA, please complete the linked survey and registration information form (PDF) and return it to GreenBridge by this year's deadline. For more information, contact [email protected] or call 718-623-7250.
GCGA membership benefits:
- Belong to an active network of Brooklyn community gardens
- Attend and lead workshops on sustainable gardening and community development practices
- Enjoy seasonal networking events at BBG
- Receive an annual site visit with GreenBridge staff
- Receive technical assistance with garden projects
- Be invited to plant giveaways
- Receive the biannual newsletter GreenBridge Gardener
- Have access to the alliance list server
- Acquire an attractive metal sign showing alliance affiliation