Date Posted: December 13, 2017
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Under general supervision, the assistant principal custodial supervisor performs work of ordinary difficulty and responsibility in the supervision of cleaning offices, public areas, bathrooms, and immediate grounds, as well as related work at Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
- Supervise custodial assistants and junior custodians.
- On an assigned tour of duty, supervise and work with small to medium group of employees engaged in sweeping, dusting, scrubbing, polishing, washing, cleaning sidewalks, gathering and disposing of refuse, moving furniture, and other tasks.
- Assist in insuring maximum efficiency, economy, and work quality.
- Train new employees.
- Assist in keeping inventories and stores of supplies.
- Perform minor maintenance work as necessary.
- Work extended hours for special events.
- Perform other essential tasks as directed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum three years’ full-time paid experience in cleaning
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work holidays and weekends
- Ability to lift and move supplies and assist in moving furniture and equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders to do cleaning as needed
How to Apply:
Email your résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Make sure the position title is clearly stated in your cover letter as well as in the email’s subject line. No telephone calls for position inquiries, please.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.