Date Posted: February 09, 2018
Reports to: Director of Security, Supervising Attendant Guards
Compensation: $13 per hour
Term: April–December 2018
Brooklyn Botanic Garden seeks to fill several full- and part-time seasonal security guard positions. Under supervision, the security guard attends, cleans, guards, and patrols an assigned area in the Garden and performs related work.
- Attend, perform various cleaning activities, guard, and patrol an assigned area in the Garden.
- Protect displays and display areas from loss or damage due to theft or vandalism and protect the Garden’s buildings, equipment, facilities, and grounds in the area of assignment.
- Meet the public, school classes, and teachers attending Garden instruction programs and advise on location of displays, display areas, buildings, and exhibits.
- Maintain order in assigned area and assist in the detection, ejection, and/or apprehension of miscreants, undesirables, and disorderly persons.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as directed.
- High school diploma or GED
- One year satisfactory, paid experience in custodial, protection, attendance, or related work, including responsibility for meeting, advising, and directing the public
- Valid NYS security license
- Valid driver’s license preferred
How to Apply:
Email your résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Make sure the position title is clearly stated in your cover letter as well as in the email’s subject line. No telephone calls for position inquiries, please.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.