Date Posted: February 28, 2018
Reports to: Manager and Director of Membership
Term: Spring–Summer 2018 (March 31–September 5)
The Membership department of Brooklyn Botanic Garden (BBG) is seeking temporary sales associates to promote and administer on-site membership sales throughout the spring and summer seasons, under the guidance of the Membership sales supervisor and Membership manager. This is a part-time, seasonal position that requires working outdoors.
Training: March 31
Sales: Weekends, April 7–September 2 | 11 a.m.–Closing, depending on weather and guest attendance; Wednesdays June 6–September 5 | 4–8 p.m., depending on weather. Schedule is subject to change.
- Actively promote BBG membership to visitors by communicating in an effective and engaging manner.
- Administer on-site membership sales using an iPad and maintain detailed and accurate records of membership transactions.
- Provide on-site customer service for existing BBG members.
- Set up and break down on-site sales locations within the Garden.
- Coordinate sales-related activities with other key BBG staff as needed.
- Assist with departmental events and activities as assigned and perform other related duties or special projects as directed.
- Enthusiastic energy and outgoing demeanor
- Ability to describe the benefits of BBG membership to visitors
- Ability to engage individuals from varied cultures and backgrounds
- Experience in sales, promotions, marketing, or fundraising
- Knowledge about BBG preferred
- Ability to be flexible (as dates can be canceled due to the weather)
How to Apply:
Email your résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Make sure the position title is clearly stated in your cover letter as well as in the email’s subject line. No telephone calls for position inquiries, please.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.