Date Posted: February 20, 2018
Department: Visitor Services
Reports to: Director of Visitor Services and Volunteers
Term: March–November 2018
- Supervise, train, and schedule Visitor Services staff.
- Open and close the Garden’s admissions booths.
- Provide friendly, professional, and excellent service to all visitors and members.
- Manage and distribute brochures and other supplies necessary for daily operations.
- Assist with attendance reporting.
- Answer email and phones from the public.
- Provide support for membership enrollment.
- Assist in providing information and support to the volunteers.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
- College degree preferred
- Previous experience in visitor services, customer service, or retail, especially in a garden or cultural institution
- Experience in a supervisory or management role preferred
- Experience in handling money preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent writing skills and phone manner
- Comfort working with the public
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays
How to Apply:
Email your résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Make sure the position title is clearly stated in your cover letter as well as in the email’s subject line. No telephone calls for position inquiries, please.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.