Abies procera is a large evergreen native to high altitudes in the Cascade and Coast ranges of California, Oregon, and Washington. Noble fir can grow 130 to 230 feet high and have a trunk diameter up to 6½ feet. Lumber milled from noble fir is often used as an interior finish material in home construction.
- Leaves are needlelike, at least four times longer than wide.
- Needles occur singly, not in clusters.
- Buds are round or egg-shaped and have blunt tips.
- Needles are attached directly to the stem.
- Mature needles are 1 to 2 inches long.
- Needles turn upward and are 1 to 1¼ inches long.