Linnaean Libation League
BBG’s quarterly Linnaean Libation League event series returns Thursday, July 15 with NIGHT OF THE MAYFLIES, our first foray into performance! Join us for what is sure to be an intimate evening of merriment & beauty, with a strong chance of hilarity. See a plein air performance of David Ives’s short play Time Flies, in which two mayflies, May and Horace, try to make sense of their 24-hour life span. Then have a glass of wine or a delectable fizz from Brooklyn Soda Works and ponder the mysteries of your considerably longer life while enjoying the scents of the Fragrance Garden.
- Thursday, July 15 | 6:30–9 p.m. | Fragrance Garden
- 7:30 p.m. performance of Time Flies, directed by Michael Silverstone
- Strictly 21+ | $30 admission includes two libations and hors d’oeuvres
- Advance ticket required, purchase here.
Photos From Past League Events
About the League
The Linnaean Libation League invites those with an appreciation of beauty and botany to convene at Brooklyn Botanic Garden to:
- delight in its vast plant collections;
- toast to the achievements of Linnaeus and his scientific progeny;
- indulge in a bit of learning about the magnificent world of horticulture.
The League hosts occasional events where members stroll about a specific area of the Garden selected for its seasonal beauty, imbibe inspired libations, and engage in a heady appreciation for plants and their power to enchant. To join the League, sign up at Linnaean Libation League.