We’re sorry—this event is currently full. Capacity is limited as we strive to create a calm, quiet environment for families during the program.
Please sign up for the waitlist below. You will also be added to our e-news list for access-and-inclusion programs and will receive an invitation to the next Discovery Garden Early Opening event before it goes out to the general public. We hope to see you at the Garden soon!
Brooklyn Botanic Garden invites you to make a special morning visit to the Discovery Garden with your family before BBG opens to the public. Explore the garden at your own pace and participate in multisensory activities at facilitated stations.
- Water, weed, and plant in our fruit and vegetable garden.
- Use real tools to explore plants.
- Read stories.
We invite your feedback as we strive to make the garden engaging for families who have children with disabilities.
- Two ASL translators will be stationed in the Garden.
- Accessible bathrooms and wheelchairs are available at the Flatbush Avenue entrance. Inside the nearby Discovery Garden, pathways and exhibits are accessible to visitors using wheelchairs.
- Visitors are encouraged to touch and smell plants, and hands-on exhibits feature sound, visual, and tactile elements designed for accessibility.
- A visual schedule and details about transportation, entry, and what to expect will be sent out in advance to families who have preregistered.
- Snacking is permitted, and a quiet seating area will be available before and during the event.
- Families are encouraged to bring a friend with or without disabilities; include them in your RSVP.
Please RSVP below today; space is limited to ensure the comfort of all participants. Please note: This program is outdoors and will be canceled in inclement weather; participants will be notified by email.
Please contact Meera Jagroop with questions or to RSVP directly at 718-623-7224; [email protected]