Keeping it green for 65 years!
This spectacular annual event, tented on Cherry Esplanade, offers the largest collection of plants in the metropolitan area and features free talks and workshops.
Members-Only Preview Sale*
Wednesday, May 9 | 4:30–8 p.m.
Open to All!
Thursday, May 10 | 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
With each paid admission, the visitor receives a coupon for a free return visit to the Garden.
Free Talks by BBG’s Horticultural Staff
Thursday, May 10, 2018
- 10:30 a.m.
- Designs with Annuals—Wayken Shaw
- 11 a.m.
- Shrubs & Perennials for Sun & Shade—Nancy Neiland
- 11 a.m. & 3 p.m.
- All About Orchids—David Horak
- 11:30 a.m.
- Mastering the Art of Kokedama—Margarita Poulson
Kokedama is bonsai without pots. Learn to mount and display plants in charming moss-wrapped spheres.
- Plant a DIY Sub-irrigated Window Box—Nina Browne, Carla Rodriguez & Maureen O’Brien
Almost any container can be converted into a water-wise, sub-irrigated planter. Learn how, with the right plant choices, you can keep your sill looking lush with less work and up to 80% less water than a traditional window box!
- 2 p.m.
- Houseplants for Every Situation—Mark Fisher & Greenhouse Staff
- 3 p.m.
- Q&A: Growing and Using Herbs—Jennifer Williams
The Benefit Plant Sale is presented by the BBG Auxiliary, celebrating 100 years of service to the Garden.