Brooklyn Botanic Garden is an urban botanic garden that connects people to the world of plants, fostering delight and curiosity while inspiring an appreciation and sense of stewardship of the environment.
In the Garden, in its community, and well beyond, BBG inspires people of all ages through the conservation, display, and enjoyment of plants; with educational programs that emphasize learning by doing; and with research focused on understanding and conserving regional plants and plant communities.
Approved by the Board of Trustees, October 16, 2013
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation. A portion of membership fees and benefit event tickets, and 100% of contributions are tax deductible.
The full legal name and address of the Garden is
Brooklyn Botanic Garden Corporation
1000 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225
Double Your Impact
Many companies will match charitable contributions made by their employees.Learn More ›
IRS Form 990 Returns
- FY2015 (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- FY2014 (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- FY2013 (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- FY2012 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- FY2011 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- FY2010 (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- FY2009 (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- FY2008 (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- FY2007 (PDF, 185 KB)
For more information about the IRS Form 990, please visit the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
For more information about Brooklyn Botanic Garden and to view previous 990 returns, visit GuideStar.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden's financial position is summarized in the annual reports. The most recent independent auditor's report and financial statements are also available below in PDF format.
- Year ending June 30, 2016 (PDF, 3.4 MB)
- Year ending June 30, 2015 (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Year ending June 30, 2014 (PDF, 430 KB)
- Years ending June 30, 2013 and June 30, 2012 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Years ending June 30, 2012 and June 30, 2011 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Years ending June 30, 2011 and June 30, 2010 (PDF, 812 KB)
- Years ending June 30, 2010 and June 30, 2009 (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Years ending June 30, 2009 and June 30, 2008 (PDF, 830 KB)
A quick guide to facts and figures at Brooklyn Botanic Garden.Download 2017 Fact Book (PDF) ›