These policies apply to all individuals taking still or moving images on the grounds of Brooklyn Botanic Garden. The Garden maintains the right to adjust these policies in specific instances.
Follow all instructions given by Garden personnel. Photographers must move if asked by any staff and may be asked to restrict activities to certain places or times.
Avoid damage to collections and disruption to visitors and Garden activities. Photographers, models, and equipment are restricted from Garden collections and planting areas and may not block or interfere with normal pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
Allowed Equipment: Unless specifically allowed on your permit, tripods, body mounts, and selfie sticks may not be used in the conservatories or on subgarden paths and are not allowed during public festivals, including Sakura Matsuri and Chile Pepper Festival.
Access: Unless specified on your permit, the Garden and photo location will be open to the public during your session. Clients/models must arrive camera-ready as there are no dressing room facilities. Clients/models are not allowed to change in BBG restrooms or public spaces. Exceptions are for large, prearranged commercial/editorial shoots upon payment of applicable fees.
Liability: The Garden assumes no responsibility for personal injury or loss, theft, or damage to equipment or other property.
All photographers, videographers, and their parties must follow all rules of the Garden, including but not limited to the following:
- Do not touch or move plant life.
- Do not step on the plants or plant beds.
- Do not climb trees.
- Do not hang any objects, including props, lighting, clothing, or bags from trees, other plants, architectural features, or any other parts of BBG property.
- Do not place anything in plant beds or soil. Nothing may be staked into the ground, including photography equipment, props, or signs.
- Do not enter or place anything in bodies of water.
- Do not move Garden property, including plants, planters, trash cans, or signs.
- No smoking.
- No food or drink allowed except in designated areas.
- Animals (except service animals) and plants may not be brought into the Garden.
- No amplified sound or sound from musical instruments.
- No drones.
- No entry allowed in areas designated as restricted.
- Photographs of Brooklyn Botanic Garden cannot be used in a manner that implies BBG endorsement of any product, enterprise, or opinions expressed with such photographs.