Wedding ceremonies at Brooklyn Botanic Garden are affordable, intimate, and magical early-morning affairs. Couples and their guests get to experience a side of the Garden that few see—the quiet beauty of the grounds early in the day. Ceremonies must begin at 9 a.m. and be completed by 10 a.m.
If you are interested in a complete wedding package—including a ceremony and catered, seated meal—see Weddings and Celebrations for more information.
To book a morning ceremony at Brooklyn Botanic Garden, please submit this brief form, and BBG's Registration staff will contact you.
Guidelines for Garden Ceremonies
Please note that the following guidelines are for ceremonies only (not fully catered affairs). If you are interested in a complete wedding package—including a ceremony and meal—the Patina Events team can provide more information.
- Bookings are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Spring and summer are very popular seasons, so plan early.
- Only two ceremonies are permitted per day on Saturday and Sunday. The ceremony must be held between 9 and 10 a.m.
- Fee: $600 for up to 50 people. Up to 10 additional guests may be permitted at a cost of $18 per person (60 persons maximum). The fee is nonrefundable.
- Ceremonies are held rain or shine. No indoor facility is available.
- Choice of Water Garden, Rose Garden, Japanese Hill-and-Pond Garden, or Fragrance Garden, based upon availability.
- Ceremonies are all stand-up. No chairs, tables, decorations, balloons, rice, or birdseed. No food is allowed.
- Low-volume music is acceptable.
- Small, portable chupahs are allowed.
- Portrait photography fees are included in the ceremony booking; however, all rules pertaining to photographing in the Garden apply. Photography sessions that extend beyond 10 a.m. will require a separate portrait photography permit.
Let Us Answer Your Questions
If you are interested in booking a morning ceremony at Brooklyn Botanic Garden, please submit this brief form, and BBG's Registration staff will contact you.