Professional Development Workshops
Professional Development Workshops for Individual Schools or Educators' Groups
We will gladly work with your staff to develop a program tailored to support your professional development goals for science and other areas of study. Programs may include inquiry-based classroom explorations, guided tours of the Garden's indoor and outdoor plant collections, and hands-on "potting-up" horticultural activities.
Some suggested workshop topics include the following:
- Kitchen Botany: Plants We Eat
- Exploring Plant Adaptations
- Sensory Learning in the Garden
- Native New Yorkers: Exploring Native Plant Communities
- Food and Social Justice
- Agriculture and our Food System
- Urban Environmental Sustainability
If you are interested in arranging a professional development workshop to meet your needs, please complete the Professional Development Workshop Request Form and we will contact you within 3-5 business days.
For more information, contact BBG's Teacher Education Coordinator at 718-623-7381.