Hours & Admission
Some areas of the Garden are inaccessible while Lightscape is installed. Accordingly, daytime admission is pay-what-you-wish. Please support Brooklyn Botanic Garden by paying what you can.
Saturday’s Hours: 10 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Last entry 30 minute before closing. Specialty gardens begin to close 30 minutes before closing time.
- Tuesday–Sunday: 10 a.m.–3:30 p.m. (last entry 3 p.m.)
- Closed Mondays
- Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
- Lightscape runs on select evenings from November 16 through January 8, 2023. More info and tickets ›
All visitors must present ticket for entrance. Members and affiliates with free tickets must also show proof of eligibility.
- Advance tickets are recommended. Tickets are available 30 days in advance of visit dates. Same-day tickets may be obtained at Garden admission booths.
- Children under 12 are free. Children under 14 must be supervised by an adult 18 or over.
- If you are feeling unwell, please reschedule your visit. Tickets are nonrefundable, but may be exchanged in advance for another date (see ticket confirmation for details).
Members receive free admission every day.
Some outdoor areas may be inaccessible while Lightscape is installed. Accordingly, daytime admission is pay-what-you-wish. Please support Brooklyn Botanic Garden by paying what you can.
Free Admission Opportunities
Admission is free:
- BBG members receive free admission year-round.
- Children under 12 are always free.
- Community Tickets: A portion of each day’s tickets are available free of charge to those who need them.
- Pay What You Wish Winter Weekdays: Tuesday–Friday, December–February
Free admission during public hours is also offered to the individuals and groups listed below. Check full details at the link below before planning your visit.
Academic members and participants in the following programs, with valid ID:
- Students, employees of Medgar Evers
- Students, employees, alum of Pratt
- Brooklyn Academy of Science and the Environment students and families, employees
- Cool Culture cardholders and their families
- Garden Apprentice Program teens and families
- Project Green Reach classrooms, students and families (with pass)
- Urban Advantage teachers, classrooms, students and families (with voucher)
Visitors with the following affiliations, with valid ID:
- Individual members of the following museum and garden associations: AHS, APGA, Museums Council of New York City
- Members of gardens that participate in the AHS Reciprocal Admissions Program
- Employees of current corporate members
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden volunteers
- Public library patrons with a Culture Pass reservation (with pass)
- Registered, self-guided school and camp groups
- Registered, self-guided groups from nonprofit senior centers, shelters, rehabilitation centers, and other 501(c)(3) organizations serving people with disabilities
- Participants in accessibility programs, including monthly Memory Tours
- Community Greening & NYC Compost Project workshop participants
- Members of the press on assignment