Keeping it green for 64 years!
This spectacular annual event, tented on Cherry Esplanade, offers the largest collection of plants in the metropolitan area and features free talks and workshops.
Members-Only Preview Sale*
Wednesday, May 10 | 4:30–8 p.m.
Open to All!
Thursday, May 11 | 9 a.m.–8 p.m.
Free Talks by BBG’s Horticultural Staff
Thursday, May 11, 2017
- 10 a.m.
- Designing with Annuals—Wayken Shaw
- 11 a.m.
- Shrubs & Perennials For Sun & Shade—Nancy Neiland
- 11 a.m. & 3 p.m.
- All About Orchids—David Horak
- 11:30 a.m.
- Mastering the Art of Kokedama—Margarita Poulson
Kokedama is bonsai without pots. Learn to mount and display plants in charming moss-wrapped spheres.
- 12 noon
- Planting a DIY Sub-Irrigated Window Box—Community Greening Staff
Almost any container can be converted into a water-wise, sub-irrigated planter. Learn how, with the right plant choices, you can keep your sill looking lush with less work and up to 80% less water than a traditional window box!
- 2 p.m.
- Houseplants For Every Situation—Mark Fisher
- 3 p.m.
- Q&A on Growing and Using Herbs—Jennifer Williams