New for 2019: Capacity is limited and a ticket is required for every festival-goer.
For Sakura Matsuri, free admission with a ticket is granted to the following:
- Garden members with guests per their membership level—Log in with your membership email to unlock your tickets. Show your membership card with your Member Ticket(s) for admission. Member guest passes are not valid for festivals.
- New members who have not yet received a welcome package—Enter the New Member Code from your confirmation email to unlock ticket options. Show your membership card, or, your confirmation email along with photo ID, with your Member Ticket(s) for admission.
- President's Circle members, trustees—Email [email protected].
- Corporate members with guests per their membership level—Enter your Partner Code to unlock ticket options. (Contact your organization's benefit office for the code.) Show your corporate ID with your Corporate Member Ticket(s) for admission.
- Academic members—Enter your Partner Code to unlock ticket options. (Contact your school's activities office for the code.) Show your school ID with your Academic Member Ticket(s) for admission.
- BASE students and teachers—Enter your Partner Code to unlock ticket options. (Contact your school's activities office for the code.) Show your BASE ID with your Partner Ticket for admission.
- Cool Culture cardholders and their families—Enter your Partner Code to unlock ticket options. (Contact Cool Culture for the code.) Show your Cool Culture card with your Partner Ticket(s) for admission.
- Urban Advantage students with coupons—Enter your Partner Code to unlock ticket options. (Contact the director of Learning Partnerships at [email protected] for the code.) Turn in your Urban Advantage voucher with your Partner Ticket(s) for admission.
- Individuals with a valid-for-festivals Guest Pass (check your expiration date!) or Library Membership—Join the ticket-purchaser's line on the day of the festival to redeem your pass at the box office. Note: To guarantee admission, you must buy an advance ticket.
- Children under 12 (under 18 for members)—Ticket-holders may reserve free tickets for children; each child must have a ticket to enter. All holders of a Free Child Ticket must be with a ticket-holding adult for admission.
The following admissions are not valid during Sakura Matsuri; individuals must purchase tickets.
- Reciprocal admission for members or staff of other public gardens or garden associations
- Reciprocal admission for members of museum associations or staff of museums, including Brooklyn cultural institution employees
- Credit card or bank benefit programs such as Chase Arts&Culture or Bank of America Museums on Us.
- Promotional discounted tickets, including Art & Garden tickets
- Tourist passes (New York Explorer Pass, New York Pass)
- All visitors on April 27 and 28 must pay festival rates: There is no lower-priced admission to see just the Garden collections. To enjoy the Garden collections at standard admission rates, please plan to visit on an alternate date.
- No school group visits, photography/filming sessions, or weddings are booked on these dates.
- Members of the press on assignment should contact [email protected].
- Elected officials should contact James Harris at [email protected].