We're still growing!
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is in the final years of a decade-long series of site-improvement projects—the most significant garden renewal effort since its founding over a century ago. With each of these projects the Garden is replacing aging infrastructure with modern technologies and greener practices and building its capacity to welcome increasing numbers of visitors now and into the future.
- Create new, expanded, and restored garden spaces rich with interpretive and educational opportunities
- Dramatically improve amenities to welcome and orient visitors
- Retrofit this historic site to better accommodate visitors of all abilities
- Increase outreach presence in the community on a grassroots level by providing more intensive training in urban horticulture and sustainable practices
- Explore and model innovative approaches to urban sustainability here on the Garden's grounds
Note: Portions of the Plant Family Collection are closed to the public during construction of the final phase of the Water Conservation Project.