A Garden for the Next Century
We're still growing!
The Final Stretch
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is wrapping up the final phase of a garden-wide renewal to help ensure it remains vital in its second century. The Garden has replaced aging infrastructure with modern technologies and greener practices and bolstered its capacity to welcome increasing numbers of visitors. Projects over the past ten years have included development of more than four acres of sustainably designed and maintained gardens and facilities as well as expanded education and community programs that support environmental stewardship. Their completion will enhance every corner of the Garden and strengthen Brooklyn Botanic Garden's role as a vital resource for the larger community.
- Create new, expanded, and restored garden spaces rich with interpretive and educational opportunities
- Dramatically improve amenities to welcome and orient visitors
- Retrofit this historic site to better accommodate visitors of all abilities
- Increase outreach presence in the community on a grassroots level by providing more intensive training in urban horticulture and sustainable practices
- Explore and model innovative approaches to urban sustainability here on the Garden's grounds